I have been having similar breakfasts during the working week since I went vegan in January, BUT I wanted to share a couple of other ideas (for work and on weekends) for those who are interested:
Peanut Overnight Oats (serves 1)
1 cup oats
1 cup dairy free milk alternative
1 tsp crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp (homemade) jam
1 tsp chia seeds
Mix everything together in a jar and leave in the fridge overnight. Enjoy the next morning. If it looks too stodgy then add a bit more milk!
Vegan Cooked Brekkie (serves 4)
250g white mushrooms, halved
1 massive avocado
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
bread of your choice, sliced
2 cans baked beans
200g falafel (enough for 3 or 4 each)
- Start roasting the cherry tomatoes in a fan assisted oven at 180C, then pop in the falafel to warm through too.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to a frying pan with spraying oil and keep frying until golden.
- Add the bread slices to the toaster (make sure you time everything well!)
- Empty baked beans into a microwaveable bowl and blitz for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the avocado and plate up.
- Plate everything up altogether and enjoy!
Blueberry French Toast (serves 2)
2 slices of white bread
1.5 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
50ml dairy free alternative milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp golden caster sugar
grapeseed oil for frying
- Slowly heat maple syrup and blueberries in a frying pan. This should start to thicken up.
- Mix the milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Dip a slice of bread into the milky mixture, shake off excess and fry the bread in a new frying pan with the grapeseed oil. Until both sides and golden.
- Spoon over the blueberry mixture and enjoy warm!
Banana & Peanut Butter Bagel (serves 1)
Plain bagel/or bagel of your choice, halved
1 tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp chia seeds
1 ripe banana, mashed
- Quite simply, toast both sides of the bagel and spoon over the peanut butter and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Top with the mashed banana.