- Apple sauce is a great swap for butter – in baking! But it will make it more dense.
- Flax/Chia egg to replace normal eggs in baking – Mix ground chia seeds with water to create the same consistency!
- Avocado can also replace butter but be sure to increase the amount of wet ingredients to compensate.
- Agave nectar instead of non vegan sugars. Use 2/3 cup of agave for every 1 cup sugar.
- 1 medium mashed banana can replace 1 egg – in baking!
- Coconut oil is another one that can replace butter.
- Molasses can be used in a 1:1 to substitute honey.
- Maple syrup is another alternative to sugar – use 3/4 cup to every 1 cup of sugar.
- Nutritional yeast (nooch) in place of cheese. It works! Kind of…
- Cashews in place of parmesan cheese – just blend 3/4 cup cashews, some nooch, garlic and salt!
If anyone would like to try out a vegan diet for any particular reason, whether it be for the animals, your health, the environment etc. This website really was my inspiration. They send daily emails to help you stay motivated and as I have not touched meat or even wanted meat for nearly 3 months then I would say I am #winning.